Geothermal Heating and Air Conditioning
Tax Incentives and Financing
The following paragraph is a shortened version of the full article available at Water Furnace:
Tax credit is available for home and commercial building owners through the Energy Improvement and Extension Act of 2008 (H.R. 1424). H.R. 1424 offers a onetime tax credit of 30% of the total investment for homeowners who install residential ground loop or ground water geothermal heat pumps. A credit of 10% of the total investment is also available (no maximum) for a commercial system installation.
To qualify, the systems must meet or exceed EnergyStar requirements and be installed after December 31, 2007. While units installed in 2008 are subject to a $2,000 cap on the credit, units installed from 2009 through 2016 can take advantage of the full credit.
The tax credit is available through December 31, 2016. Consult your local tax professional for advice on taking advantage of the tax credit, as this announcement is not intended as a recommendation or endorsement of any financial strategy.
- Download the brochure: Understanding the Federal Tax Incentives
- Compliance Certificate: WaterFurnace units that qualify for the tax credit
- Personal Income Tax Form: Residential Energy Credits (IRS Form 5695)
- - IRS tax code summarized - United States Code Title 26
- - More information about the "Residential Renewable Energy Tax Credit"
1. Financing with GEOSmart«WaterFurnace makes with the GEOSmart program multiple interesting and money saving financing tools avalable.
Click the GEOSmart link or contact the Carolina Heating Geo specialists
2. Standard Financing with Wells Fargo Home ProjectsTM
Carolina Heating Service Inc. has teamed up with Wells Fargo Financial National Bank to provide our customers the financing support you deserve for your heating and air conditioning project.
To apply for financing and to enjoy the benefits of Carolina Heating relationship with Wells Fargo, please CLICK HERE!